B0790 - Transfer Case Neutral Indicator Circuit
B0790 Possible Causes
- Faulty Transfer Case Select Switch
- Transfer Case Select Switch harness is open or shorted
- Transfer Case Select Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Transfer Case Shift Control Module
Cost of diagnosing the B0790 code
The cost of diagnosing the B0790 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0790 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
The neutral indicator circuit consists of an ignition 3 voltage circuit and a neutral indicator control circuit. When the neutral mode is selected, current is supplied to the neutral indicator by the ignition 3 voltage circuit, traveling through the neutral indicator LED, at which time the transfer case shift control module supplies the ground through the neutral indicator control circuit. This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) detects an open, short to ground or a short to voltage.
B0790 Information for specific makes