B0687 CHEVROLET - Security System Indicator Circuit Low
B0687 CHEVROLET Possible Causes
- Faulty Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)
- Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) harness is open or shorted
- Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
Cost of diagnosing the B0687 CHEVROLET code
The cost of diagnosing the B0687 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0687 CHEVROLET Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B0687 CHEVROLET Meaning
The security indicator is controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM) based on commands from the immobilizer system or the Content Theft Deterrent (CTD) system. With the ignition OFF, the security indicator is commanded by the CTD system. With the ignition ON, the security indicator is commanded by the immobilizer system. The security indicator is located in the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) and is supplied B+ at all times. When the immobilizer or CTD system requests the indicator be commanded ON, the BCM grounds the security indicator control circuit, illuminating the indicator.