B0685 BUICK - Security System Indicator Circuit Short to Ground
B0685 BUICK Possible Causes
- Faulty Light/Sunload Ambient Sensor
- Light/Sunload Ambient Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Light/Sunload Ambient Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
Cost of diagnosing the B0685 BUICK code
The cost of diagnosing the B0685 BUICK code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0685 BUICK Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B0685 BUICK Meaning
The security LED is controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM) based on commands from the content theft deterrent system. The security LED is located in the dash as part of the ambient light sensor and is supplied ground at all times. When the content theft deterrent system requests the LED be commanded ON, the BCM applies voltage to the security indicator control circuit, illuminating the LED.