B0550 BUICK - Odometer Circuit General Memory Malfunction
B0550 BUICK Possible Causes
- Reprogram Body Control Module (BCM)
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
- Body Control Module (BCM) harness is open or shorted
- Body Control Module (BCM) circuit poor electrical connection
Cost of diagnosing the B0550 BUICK code
The cost of diagnosing the B0550 BUICK code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0550 BUICK Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B0550 BUICK Meaning
The instrument cluster is equipped with odometers that indicate the distance traveled by the vehicle. One type of odometer is the season odometer where the travelled distance can not be reset by the driver. This information is also stored in the Body Control Module (BCM). In addition to storing the season odometer value for the vehicle, the instrument cluster and the BCM store the VIN. Software checks are performed to ensure these modules, and their stored season odometer information, can not be moved or transferred between different vehicles.