B0540 GMC - Speedometer Circuit
B0540 GMC Possible Causes
- Faulty Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)
- Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) harness is open or shorted
- Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How do I fix code B0540 GMC?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B0540 GMC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0540 GMC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B0540 GMC MeaningThe Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) monitors the vehicle speed signal to determine the speedometer position. If the IPC determines the vehicle speed signal voltage is out of the normal operating range, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set.
B0540 GMC More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0540 GMC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals