B0540 BUICK Possible Causes
- Faulty Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)
- Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) harness is open or shorted
- Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
Cost of diagnosing the B0540 BUICK code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0540 BUICK code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0540 BUICK Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B0540 BUICK MeaningThe Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) monitors the vehicle speed signal to determine the speedometer position. If the IPC determines the vehicle speed signal voltage is out of the normal operating range, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set.
B0540 BUICK More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0540 BUICK code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals