B048E CADILLAC - Auxiliary Heater System Malfunction
B048E CADILLAC Possible Causes
- Faulty Electrical Auxiliary Heater
- Electrical Auxiliary Heater harness is open or shorted
- Electrical Auxiliary Heater circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module
Cost of diagnosing the B048E CADILLAC code
The cost of diagnosing the B048E CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B048E CADILLAC Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B048E CADILLAC Meaning
The Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module sends a Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) signal to the electrical auxiliary heater, if the interior temperature is too low and additional heat is requested. The request signal from the HVAC control module, battery positive, ignition and ground circuits enable the electrical auxiliary heater to operate. Through the signal circuit the electrical auxiliary heater sends via a PWM signal the current status to the HVAC control module.