B0424 Code - Temperature Control Right Feedback Circuit Actuator Range/Performance
|B0424 code possible causes
- Faulty Right Air Temperature Actuator
- Right Air Temperature Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Right Air Temperature Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module
|How is the B0424 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0424 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0424 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0424 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is B0424 code meaning?The Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module controls the HVAC door actuators to regulate the airflow through the HVAC system. Each actuator consists of a stepper motor, a logic circuit, and a potentiometer. The potentiometer inside the door actuator allows the module to monitor the current position of the actuator drive shaft. The module supplies a 5-volt source voltage to the potentiometer on the 5-volt reference circuit. The module supplies ground to the potentiometer through the low reference circuit. The HVAC control module monitors the voltage drop across the potentiometer on the door position signal circuit. When the actuator shaft rotates, the voltage on the door position signal circuit changes. The module converts the voltage value to a count value where 1-volt is approximately equal to 51 counts. The HVAC control module calibrates the travel range of the HVAC door actuators when it is initially powered by the battery positive voltage circuit. During calibration, the module commands the actuators in each direction until door travel is stopped. The module stores the minimum door positions and the maximum door positions of each actuator into memory. The total travel range is calculated by subtracting the minimum door position from the maximum door position.
|Need more information with the B0424 code?Need more information on how to fix the B0424 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B0424 code information for specific makes
- B0424 BUICK Temperature Control Right Feedback Circuit Actuator Range/Performance
- B0424 CADILLAC Temperature Control Right Feedback Circuit Actuator Range/Performance
- B0424 CHEVROLET Temperature Control Right Feedback Circuit Actuator Range/Performance
- B0424 GMC Temperature Control Right Feedback Circuit Actuator Range/Performance