B0416 - Temperature Control Left Feedback Circuit Actuator High
B0416 Possible Causes
- Faulty Left Air Temperature Actuator
- Left Air Temperature Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Left Air Temperature Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module
How is the B0416 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B0416 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0416 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B0416 MeaningThe Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module controls the HVAC door actuators to regulate the airflow through the HVAC system. Each actuator consists of a stepper motor, a logic circuit, and a potentiometer. The potentiometer inside the door actuator allows the module to monitor the current position of the actuator drive shaft. The module supplies a 5-volt source voltage to the potentiometer on the 5-volt reference circuit. The module supplies ground to the potentiometer through the low reference circuit. The HVAC control module monitors the voltage drop across the potentiometer on the door position signal circuit. When the actuator shaft rotates, the voltage on the door position signal circuit changes. The module converts the voltage value to a count value where 1-volt is approximately equal to 51 counts. The HVAC control module calibrates the travel range of the HVAC door actuators when it is initially powered by the battery positive voltage circuit. During calibration, the module commands the actuators in each direction until door travel is stopped. The module stores the minimum door positions and the maximum door positions of each actuator into memory. The total travel range is calculated by subtracting the minimum door position from the maximum door position.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0416 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B0416 BUICK Temperature Control Left Feedback Circuit Actuator High
- B0416 CADILLAC Temperature Control Left Feedback Circuit Actuator High
- B0416 CHEVROLET Temperature Control Left Feedback Circuit Actuator High
- B0416 GMC Temperature Control Left Feedback Circuit Actuator High
- B0416 PONTIAC Temperature Control Left Feedback Circuit Actuator High
- B0416 SATURN Temperature Control Left Feedback Circuit Actuator High