B0415 Code - Temperature Control Left Feedback Circuit Actuator Low
|B0415 code possible causes
- Faulty Left Air Temperature Actuator
- Left Air Temperature Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Left Air Temperature Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module
|How is the B0415 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0415 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0415 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0415 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is B0415 code meaning?The Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module controls the HVAC door actuators to regulate the airflow through the HVAC system. Each actuator consists of a stepper motor, a logic circuit, and a potentiometer. The potentiometer inside the door actuator allows the module to monitor the current position of the actuator drive shaft. The module supplies a 5-volt source voltage to the potentiometer on the 5-volt reference circuit. The module supplies ground to the potentiometer through the low reference circuit. The HVAC control module monitors the voltage drop across the potentiometer on the door position signal circuit. When the actuator shaft rotates, the voltage on the door position signal circuit changes. The module converts the voltage value to a count value where 1-volt is approximately equal to 51 counts. The HVAC control module calibrates the travel range of the HVAC door actuators when it is initially powered by the battery positive voltage circuit. During calibration, the module commands the actuators in each direction until door travel is stopped. The module stores the minimum door positions and the maximum door positions of each actuator into memory. The total travel range is calculated by subtracting the minimum door position from the maximum door position.
|Need more information with the B0415 code?Need more information on how to fix the B0415 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B0415 code information for specific makes
- B0415 BUICK Temperature Control Left Feedback Circuit Actuator Low
- B0415 CADILLAC Temperature Control Left Feedback Circuit Actuator Low
- B0415 CHEVROLET Temperature Control Left Feedback Circuit Actuator Low
- B0415 GMC Temperature Control Left Feedback Circuit Actuator Low
- B0415 PONTIAC Temperature Control Left Feedback Circuit Actuator Low
- B0415 SATURN Temperature Control Left Feedback Circuit Actuator Low