B023A - HVAC Actuators Supply Voltage
- Faulty Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Actuators
- HVAC Actuators harness is open or shorted
- HVAC Actuators circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty HVAC Control Module
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
Stepper motors are used for temperature regulation, air distribution control and recirculation door control. With the switches and dials on the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) controls, air temperature door position, mode door position and recirculation door position can be selected. The selected values are passed to the HVAC Control Module via serial data. The HVAC control module supplies a 12 V reference voltage to the stepper motors and energizes the 4 stepper motor coils with a pulsed ground signal. The stepper motors move the appropriate doors into the calculated positions, in order to reach the desired positions.
B023A Information for specific makes