B0229 - Recirculation Position Feedback Circuit Actuator Range/Performance
B0229 Possible Causes
- Faulty Recirculation Actuator
- Recirculation Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Recirculation Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module
First diagnose B0229 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B0229 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0229 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0229 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B0229 MeaningThe Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module controls the HVAC door actuators to regulate the airflow through the HVAC system. Each actuator consists of a stepper motor, a logic circuit, and a potentiometer. The potentiometer inside the door actuator allows the module to monitor the current position of the actuator drive shaft. The module supplies a 5-volt source voltage to the potentiometer on the 5-volt reference circuit. The module supplies ground to the potentiometer through the low reference circuit. The HVAC control module monitors the voltage drop across the potentiometer on the door position signal circuit. When the actuator shaft rotates, the voltage on the door position signal circuit changes. The module converts the voltage value to a count value where 1-volt is approximately equal to 51 counts. The HVAC control module calibrates the travel range of the HVAC door actuators when it is initially powered by the battery positive voltage circuit. During calibration, the module commands the actuators in each direction until door travel is stopped. The module stores the minimum door positions and the maximum door positions of each actuator into memory. The total travel range is calculated by subtracting the minimum door position from the maximum door position.
B0229 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0229 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B0229 Information for specific makes
- B0229 BUICK Recirculation Position Feedback Circuit Actuator Range/Performance
- B0229 CADILLAC Recirculation Position Feedback Circuit Actuator Range/Performance
- B0229 CHEVROLET Recirculation Position Feedback Circuit Actuator Range/Performance
- B0229 GMC Recirculation Position Feedback Circuit Actuator Range/Performance