B0227 BUICK - Recirculate Position Command Circuit Open
B0227 Buick Possible Causes
- Faulty Recirculation Actuator
- Recirculation Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Recirculation Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module
Cost of diagnosing the B0227 Buick code
The cost of diagnosing the B0227 Buick code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0227 Buick Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B0227 Buick Meaning
Stepper motors are used for temperature regulation, air distribution control and recirculation door control. With the switches and dials on the HVAC controls, air temperature door position, mode door position and recirculation door position can be selected. The selected values are passed to the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module via serial data. The HVAC control module supplies a 12 V reference voltage to the stepper motors and energizes the 4 stepper motor coils with a pulsed ground signal. The stepper motors move the appropriate doors into the calculated positions, in order to reach the desired positions.