B0196 CHEVROLET - Front Blower Motor Speed Circuit High
- Faulty Front Blower Motor
- Front Blower Motor harness is open or shorted
- Front Blower Motor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Blower Motor Control Module
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B0196 Chevrolet Description
The Blower Motor Control Module is an interface between the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module and the blower motor. The blower motor speed control from the HVAC control module, battery positive and ground circuits enable the blower motor control module to operate. The HVAC control module provides a Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) signal to the blower motor control module in order to command the blower motor speed. The blower motor control module transfers the PWM signal into a corresponding blower motor voltage. The voltage resides between 2-13 V and changes linear to the height of the PWM signal.