B0131 LEXUS - Open Right Seat Belt Pretensioner Squib Circuit
- Faulty Right Seat Belt Pretensioner
- Right Seat Belt Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Right Seat Belt Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Control Module
B0131 Lexus Description
The right seat belt pretensioner squib circuit consists of the air bag center sensor and right seat belt pretensioner. The squib circuit causes the right seat belt pretensioner to deploy when deployment conditions are satisfied. The Air Bag Control Module monitors the Right Seat Belt Pretensioner. The Air Bag Control Module sets the OBDII code when the Right Seat Belt Pretensioner is not to factory specifications.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed,
it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Failure to follow this instruction may result in the accidental deployment of these modules, which increases the risk of serious personal injury or death.