B0116 LEXUS - Open In Left-Side Air Bag Module Squib Circuit
- Faulty Left-Side Air Bag Module
- Left-Side Air Bag Module harness is open or shorted
- Left-Side Air Bag Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Control Module
B0116 Lexus Description
The side air bag module squib circuit consists of the air bag sensor assembly and side air bag module. The squib circuit causes the side air bag to deploy when deployment conditions are satisfied. The Air Bag Control Module monitors the Left-Side Air Bag Module. The Air Bag Control Module sets the OBDII code when the Left-Side Air Bag Module is not to factory specifications.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed,
it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Failure to follow this instruction may result in the accidental deployment of these modules, which increases the risk of serious personal injury or death.