B0105 SCION - Short In P Squib Circuit
- Faulty Front Passenger Airbag Assembly (P Squib)
- Front Passenger Airbag Assembly (P Squib) harness is open or shorted
- Front Passenger Airbag Assembly (P Squib) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Passenger Airbag Manual On–Off Switch
- Faulty Airbag Sensor Assembly
B0105 Scion Description
The P squib circuit consists of the airbag sensor assembly, passenger airbag manual on–off switch and front passenger airbag assembly. The Air Bag Control Module monitors the P Squib. The Air Bag Control Module sets the OBDII code when the P Squib is not to factory specifications.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed,
it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Failure to follow this instruction may result in the accidental deployment of these modules, which increases the risk of serious personal injury or death.