B0102 LEXUS - Short To Ground In D Squib Circuit
B0102 Lexus Possible Causes
- Faulty Steering Wheel Pad (D Squib)
- Steering Wheel Pad (D Squib) harness is open or shorted
- Steering Wheel Pad (D Squib) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Spiral cable
- Faulty Airbag Sensor Assembly
Cost of diagnosing the B0102 Lexus code
The cost of diagnosing the B0102 Lexus code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0102 Lexus Possible Symptoms
B0102 Lexus Meaning
The D squib circuit consists of the airbag sensor assembly, spiral cable and steering wheel pad. It causes the airbag to deploy when the airbag deployment conditions are satisfied. The Air Bag Control Module monitors the Open In D Squib. The Air Bag Control Module sets the OBDII code when the Open In D Squib is not to factory specifications.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed,
it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Failure to follow this instruction may result in the accidental deployment of these modules, which increases the risk of serious personal injury or death.