B0101 TOYOTA - Open In D Squib Circuit
B0101 TOYOTA Possible Causes
- Faulty Steering Wheel Pad (D Squib)
- Steering Wheel Pad (D Squib) harness is open or shorted
- Steering Wheel Pad (D Squib) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Spiral cable
- Faulty Airbag Sensor Assembly
How is the B0101 TOYOTA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
User Submitted Video
What is the cost to diagnose the B0101 TOYOTA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0101 TOYOTA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0101 TOYOTA MeaningThe D squib circuit consists of the airbag sensor assembly, spiral cable and steering wheel pad. It causes the airbag to deploy when the airbag deployment conditions are satisfied. The Air Bag Control Module monitors the D Squib. The Air Bag Control Module sets the OBDII code when the D Squib is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0101 TOYOTA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B0101 Toyota code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.