B0101 LEXUS Possible Causes
- Faulty Steering Wheel Pad (D Squib)
- Steering Wheel Pad (D Squib) harness is open or shorted
- Steering Wheel Pad (D Squib) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Spiral cable
- Faulty Airbag Sensor Assembly
B0101 LEXUS Tech Notes
User Submitted Video
Cost of diagnosing the B0101 LEXUS code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0101 LEXUS code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0101 LEXUS Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0101 LEXUS MeaningThe D squib circuit consists of the airbag sensor assembly, spiral cable and steering wheel pad. It causes the airbag to deploy when the airbag deployment conditions are satisfied. The Air Bag Control Module monitors the D Squib. The Air Bag Control Module sets the OBDII code when the D Squib is not to factory specifications.
B0101 LEXUS More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0101 LEXUS code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.