B0101 CADILLAC Code - Driver-Side EFS Not Okay Message
|B0101 CADILLAC code possible causes
- Faulty Driver-Side Electronic Frontal Sensor (EFS)
- Driver-Side Electronic Frontal Sensor (EFS) harness is open or shorted
- Driver-Side Electronic Frontal Sensor (EFS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
|How is the B0101 CADILLAC code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0101 CADILLAC code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0101 CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0101 CADILLAC code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B0101 CADILLAC code meaning?Electronic Frontal Sensor (EFS), also known as a front end sensor, uses a unidirectional 2-wire circuit. EFS sensor modulates current on the interface to send identification, State Of Health (SOH) and deployment commands to Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM). The SDM serves as a power source and ground for EFS. When ignition is turned on and EFS detects power from SDM, EFS responds by performing internal diagnostics and sending identification to SDM. SDM considers identification message to be valid if received within 5 seconds of EFS powering up. EFS continually communicates a status message to SDM. When fault is detected, SDM will attempt to reset EFS twice by removing and applying power. If fault is still present, SDM will set a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
|Need more information with the B0101 CADILLAC code?Need more information on how to fix the B0101 CADILLAC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B0101 CADILLAC code?Get the B0101 Cadillac code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.