- Faulty Passenger Restraints Disable Switch
- Passenger Restraints Disable Switch harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Restraints Disable Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
- Faulty Passenger Airbag Deactivation (PAD) Switch
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B00df Mercury DescriptionThe Restraints Control Module (RCM) continuously monitors the Passenger Airbag Deactivation (PAD) switch circuits for the following faults:
- Open circuit
- Short to voltage
- Short to ground
- Short together
- Faulted PAD switch
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.