B00DF FORD Code - Passenger Restraints Disable Switch
|B00DF FORD code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Restraints Disable Switch
- Passenger Restraints Disable Switch harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Restraints Disable Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
- Faulty Passenger Airbag Deactivation (PAD) Switch
|How is the B00DF FORD code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B00DF FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B00DF FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B00DF FORD code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B00DF FORD code meaning?The Restraints Control Module (RCM) continuously monitors the Passenger Airbag Deactivation (PAD) switch circuits for the following faults:
- Open circuit
- Short to voltage
- Short to ground
- Short together
- Faulted PAD switch
|Need more information with the B00DF FORD code?Need more information on how to fix the B00DF FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B00DF FORD code?Get the B00df Ford code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.