B00D5 LINCOLN - Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator
B00D5 LINCOLN Possible Causes
- Faulty Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator
- Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator harness is open or shorted
- Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
First diagnose B00D5 LINCOLN code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
B00D5 LINCOLN Tech NotesB00D5:11 Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator: Circuit Short to Ground
B00D5:12 Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator: Circuit Short to Battery
B00D5:13 Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator: Circuit Open
Cost of diagnosing the B00D5 LINCOLN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B00D5 LINCOLN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B00D5 LINCOLN Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B00D5 LINCOLN MeaningThe Restraints Control Module (RCM) monitors all of Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) device connections. If the RCM detects a connection or device connected that is not stored in memory or is not configured for the component, the RCM will set a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) and send a message to the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) to illuminate air bag warning indicator.
B00D5 LINCOLN More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B00D5 LINCOLN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.