B00C6 - Passenger Seat Recline Position Restraints Sensor
B00C6 Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Seat Recline Position Restraints Sensor
- Passenger Seat Recline Position Restraints Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Seat Recline Position Restraints Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Control Module
How is the B00C6 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B00C6 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B00C6 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B00C6 MeaningThe Air Bag Control Module monitors the Passenger Seat Recline Position Restraints Sensor. The Air Bag Control Module sets the OBDII code when the Passenger Seat Recline Position Restraints Sensor is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B00C6 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B00c6 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.