B00C4 Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Seat Occupant Classification Sensor 'D'
- Passenger Seat Occupant Classification Sensor 'D' harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Seat Occupant Classification Sensor 'D' circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Control Module
How do I fix code B00C4
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B00C4 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B00C4 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B00C4 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B00C4 MeaningThe Occupant Classification System (OCS) is designed to classify the weight of the front seat passenger and automatically turn OFF the front passenger air bag under certain conditions. The Air Bag Control Module monitors the Passenger Seat Occupant Classification Sensor 'D'. The Air Bag Control Module sets the OBDII code when the Passenger Seat Occupant Classification Sensor 'D' is not to factory specifications.
B00C4 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B00C4 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.