B00BB - Driver Seat Occupant Position Sensor 'E'
B00BB Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Seat Occupant Position Sensor 'E'
- Driver Seat Occupant Position Sensor 'E' harness is open or shorted
- Driver Seat Occupant Position Sensor 'E' circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Control Module
How is the B00BB code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B00BB code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B00BB code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B00BB MeaningSome newer vehicles are equipped with a Driver Seat Occupant Position Sensor as a part of the supplemental restraint system. This sensor is equipped in the front driver side seat cushion. This sensor measures the electrostatic capacity of the front driver side seat. The Air Bag Control Module monitors the Driver Seat Occupant Position Sensor 'E'. The Air Bag Control Module sets the OBDII code when the Driver Seat Occupant Position Sensor 'E' is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B00BB code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B00bb code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.