B00A0 INFINITI - Occupant Classification System
- Faulty Occupant Detection Sensor
- Occupant Detection Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Occupant Detection Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Fualty Occupant Classification System (OCS) Control Unit
- Faulty Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module)
B00a0 Infiniti Description
The Occupant Classification System (OCS) Control Unit is wired to the air bag diagnosis sensor unit. The Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module) will monitor the OCS for failures and interruptions in communication between the OCS control unit and the Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module). The Air Bag Sensor Unit monitors the Occupant Detection Sensor. The Air Bag Sensor Unit sets the OBDII code when the Occupant Detection Sensor is not to factory specifications.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed,
it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Failure to follow this instruction may result in the accidental deployment of these modules, which increases the risk of serious personal injury or death.