B0098 CADILLAC Code - Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch
|B0098 CADILLAC code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch
- Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
|How is the B0098 CADILLAC code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B0098 CADILLAC code tech notesDTC B0098 01: Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch Circuit Short Circuit to Battery
DTC B0098 02: Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch Circuit Short Circuit to Ground
DTC B0098 04: Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch Circuit Open
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0098 CADILLAC code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0098 CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0098 CADILLAC code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B0098 CADILLAC code meaning?When the ignition switch is turned to ON, the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will perform turn-on test to diagnose critical malfunctions within SDM itself. The SDM continuously checks the disable switch position switch and circuit defect by letting the regular voltage flow through the disable switch circuit and verifying the current.
|Need more information with the B0098 CADILLAC code?Need more information on how to fix the B0098 CADILLAC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B0098 CADILLAC code?Get the B0098 Cadillac code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.