B0092 GMC - Incorrect PPS Verification Identification
B0092 GMC Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Presence System (PPS) ECU
- Passenger Presence System (PPS) ECU harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Presence System (PPS) ECU circuit poor electrical connection
How is the B0092 GMC code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B0092 GMC code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0092 GMC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0092 GMC MeaningWhen the ignition is turned on, Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) performs tests to diagnose critical internal malfunctions. When SDM has completed power-up mode, SDM will establish communication with Passenger Presence System (PPS). PPS will respond by commanding both PASSENGER AIR BAG ON and OFF indicators, located in the rear view mirror, on for 5 seconds. SDM will transmit a request message to PPS to receive PPS verification identification. PPS will transmit verification identification to SDM and SDM will compare identification received to data stored in memory. SDM will also set the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B0092 to notify the driver that PPS has a current malfunction.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0092 GMC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B0092 Gmc code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.