B008f Gmc Possible Causes
- Faulty Rollover Protection Disable Switch
- Rollover Protection Disable Switch harness is open or shorted
- Rollover Protection Disable Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
B008f Gmc Tech NotesDTC B008F 02 Rollover Protection Disable Switch Circuit Short to Ground
DTC B008F 05 Rollover Protection Disable Switch Circuit High Voltage/Open
B008f Gmc Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B008f Gmc MeaningWhen the ignition switch is turned to ON, the Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will perform turn-on test to diagnose critical malfunctions within inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module itself. The inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module continuously checks the rollover protection disable switch position and circuit defect by letting the regular voltage flow through the rollover protection disable switch circuit and verifying the current.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.