B008F GMC Code - Rollover Protection Disable Switch
|B008F GMC code possible causes
- Faulty Rollover Protection Disable Switch
- Rollover Protection Disable Switch harness is open or shorted
- Rollover Protection Disable Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
|How is the B008F GMC code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B008F GMC code tech notesDTC B008F 02 Rollover Protection Disable Switch Circuit Short to Ground
DTC B008F 05 Rollover Protection Disable Switch Circuit High Voltage/Open
|What is the cost to diagnose the B008F GMC code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B008F GMC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B008F GMC code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B008F GMC code meaning?When the ignition switch is turned to ON, the Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will perform turn-on test to diagnose critical malfunctions within inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module itself. The inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module continuously checks the rollover protection disable switch position and circuit defect by letting the regular voltage flow through the rollover protection disable switch circuit and verifying the current.
|Need more information with the B008F GMC code?Need more information on how to fix the B008F GMC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B008F GMC code?Get the B008f Gmc code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.