B008F BUICK - Rollover Protection Disable Switch
B008F BUICK Possible Causes
- Faulty Rollover Protection Disable Switch
- Rollover Protection Disable Switch harness is open or shorted
- Rollover Protection Disable Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
How is the B008F BUICK code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
DTC B008F 05 Rollover Protection Disable Switch Circuit High Voltage/Open
What is the cost to diagnose the B008F BUICK code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B008F BUICK code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B008F BUICK MeaningWhen the ignition switch is turned to ON, the Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will perform turn-on test to diagnose critical malfunctions within inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module itself. The inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module continuously checks the rollover protection disable switch position and circuit defect by letting the regular voltage flow through the rollover protection disable switch circuit and verifying the current.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B008F BUICK code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B008f Buick code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.