B0088 CADILLAC - Right Rear Side Impact Sensor
B0088 CADILLAC Possible Causes
- Faulty Right Rear Side Impact Sensor
- Right Rear Side Impact Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Right Rear Side Impact Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
How is the B0088 CADILLAC code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
DTC B0088 05: Right Rear Side Impact Sensor High Voltage/Open
DTC B0088 39: Right Rear Side Impact Sensor Internal Malfunction
DTC B0088 3A: Right Rear Side Impact Sensor Incorrect Component Installed
DTC B0088 71: Right Rear Side Impact Sensor Invalid Data
What is the cost to diagnose the B0088 CADILLAC code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0088 CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0088 CADILLAC MeaningThe impact sensors are equipped on vehicles to supplement the Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) system performance. The impact sensors are electronic and are not part of the deployment loops, but instead provide inputs to the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM). The impact sensors can assist in determining the severity of some frontal and side collisions. The SDM uses the input from the impact sensors to assist in determining the severity of a collision further supporting air bag deployment. If the SDM determines a deployment is warranted, the SDM will cause current to flow through the deployment loops deploying the air bags.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0088 CADILLAC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B0088 Cadillac code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.