B0084 SATURN Code - Front End Sensor 2
|B0084 SATURN code possible causes
- Faulty Front End Sensor 2
- Front End Sensor 2 harness is open or shorted
- Front End Sensor 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
|How is the B0084 SATURN code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B0084 SATURN code tech notesDTC B0084 02 Front End Sensor 2 Short to Ground (Right)
DTC B0084 05 Front End Sensor 2 Short to Battery or Open (Right)
DTC B0084 0F Front End Sensor 2 Erratic (Right)
DTC B0084 39 Front End Sensor 2 Internal Electronic Failure (Right)
DTC B0084 3A Front End Sensor 2 Incorrect Component Installed (Right)
DTC B0084 71 Front End Sensor 2 Invalid Serial Data Received (Right)
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0084 SATURN code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0084 SATURN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0084 SATURN code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B0084 SATURN code meaning?The inflatable restraint front end sensor utilizes a unidirectional 2-wire circuit. The front end sensor modulates current on the interface to send ID, state of health, and deployment commands to the Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM). The SDM serves as a power source and a ground for the front end sensor. When the ignition is turned ON and input power from the SDM is first detected, the front end sensor responds by performing internal diagnostics and sending an ID to the SDM. The SDM considers the ID to be valid if the response time is less than 5 seconds. The front end sensor continually communicates status messages to the SDM, which determines if a fault is present in the front end sensor circuit. When a fault is detected, the SDM may reset the front end sensor up to 2 times by removing and reapplying power to it. If the fault is still present, the SDM will set a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
|Need more information with the B0084 SATURN code?Need more information on how to fix the B0084 SATURN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B0084 SATURN code?Get the B0084 Saturn code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.