B0074 BUICK Code - Passenger Occupant Classification Sensor
|B0074 BUICK code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Occupant Classification Sensor
- Passenger Occupant Classification Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Occupant Classification Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
|How is the B0074 BUICK code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B0074 BUICK code tech notesDTC B0074 03 Passenger Occupant Classification Sensor Circuit Voltage Below Threshold
DTC B0074 07 Passenger Occupant Classification Circuit Voltage Above Threshold
DTC B0074 08 Passenger Occupant Classification Circuit Signal Invalid
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0074 BUICK code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0074 BUICK code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0074 BUICK code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B0074 BUICK code meaning?The Passenger Presence System (PPS) uses a silicone filled sensor pad located underneath the passenger seat foam cushion and is connected by a hose clamp to a pressure sensor. The weight of the occupant sitting in the front passenger seat is measured as a pressure change within the bladder by the pressure sensor. The pressure sensor is a 3-wire sensor consisting of a power, ground, and signal circuit. The PPS continually monitors itself and if a fault in this circuit occurs, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set. When the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) detects this DTC within the PPS, it will notify the customer of the enable/disable status by turning ON the OFF indicator on the PASSENGER AIR BAG ON/OFF indicators. Then the PPS will communicate to the SDM through serial data communications that a PPS fault is present. The SDM will then suppress the deployment of the Instrument Panel (I/P) module and then turn the AIR BAG indicator ON.
|Need more information with the B0074 BUICK code?Need more information on how to fix the B0074 BUICK code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B0074 BUICK code?Get the B0074 Buick code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.