B0070 GMC - Right Front/Passenger Roof Rail/Head Curtain Bag Deployment Loop Open
B0070 GMC Possible Causes
- Faulty Right Front/Passenger Roof Rail/Head Curtain Bag
- Right Front/Passenger Roof Rail/Head Curtain Bag harness is open or shorted
- Right Front/Passenger Roof Rail/Head Curtain Bag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
First diagnose B0070 GMC code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B0070 GMC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0070 GMC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0070 GMC Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0070 GMC MeaningThe driver roof rail deployment loop consists of an inflatable restraint roof rail module - right and the roof rail module high and low circuits. A shorting bar used within the roof rail module connector shorts together both the roof rail module high and low circuits when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the inflator module during servicing. During a side or frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy the roof rail module. The SDM performs continuous diagnostic tests on the deployment loops to check for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage. If a malfunction is detected, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be stored in memory.
B0070 GMC More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0070 GMC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.