B0066 - Left Front/Driver Pretensioner Deployment Loop Voltage Out of Range
B0066 Possible Causes
- Faulty Left Front/Driver Pretensioner
- Left Front/Driver Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Left Front/Driver Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
How is the B0066 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
User Submitted Video
What is the cost to diagnose the B0066 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0066 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0066 MeaningThe driver seat belt pretensioner deployment loop consists of a seat belt pretensioner - LF and the seat belt pretensioner - LF high and low circuits. A shorting bar used within the seat belt pretensioner connector shorts together both the seat belt pretensioner high and low circuits when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the pretensioner during servicing. During a frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy the seat belt pretensioner. The SDM performs continuous diagnostic tests on the deployment loops to check for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage. If a malfunction is detected, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be stored in memory.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0066 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B0066 BUICK Left Front/Driver Pretensioner Deployment Loop Voltage Out of Range ▶
- B0066 CADILLAC Left Front/Driver Pretensioner Deployment Loop Voltage Out of Range ▶
- B0066 CHEVROLET Left Front/Driver Pretensioner Deployment Loop Voltage Out of Range ▶
- B0066 GMC Left Front/Driver Pretensioner Deployment Loop Voltage Out of Range ▶
Need more help?Get the B0066 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.