B0062 CADILLAC Code - Left Front/Driver Roof Rail/Head Curtain Bag Deployment Loop Open
|B0062 CADILLAC code possible causes
- Faulty Left Front/Driver Roof Rail/Head Curtain Bag
- Left Front/Driver Roof Rail/Head Curtain Bag harness is open or shorted
- Left Front/Driver Roof Rail/Head Curtain Bag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
|How is the B0062 CADILLAC code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0062 CADILLAC code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0062 CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0062 CADILLAC code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B0062 CADILLAC code meaning?The driver roof rail deployment loop consists of an inflatable restraint roof rail module - left and the roof rail module high and low circuits. A shorting bar used within the roof rail module connector shorts together both the roof rail module high and low circuits when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the inflator module during servicing. During a side or frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy the roof rail module. The SDM performs continuous diagnostic tests on the deployment loops to check for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage. If a malfunction is detected, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be stored in memory.
|Need more information with the B0062 CADILLAC code?Need more information on how to fix the B0062 CADILLAC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B0062 CADILLAC code?Get the B0062 Cadillac code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.