B0061 MERCURY Code - Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor
|B0061 MERCURY code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor (part of front passenger safety belt)
- Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the B0061 MERCURY code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B0061 MERCURY code tech notesB0061:11 Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor: Circuit Short to Ground
B0061:12 Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor: Circuit Short to Battery
B0061:13 Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor: Circuit Open
B0061:1C Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor: Circuit Voltage Out of Range
B0061:49 Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor: Internal Electronic Failure
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0061 MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0061 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0061 MERCURY code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B0061 MERCURY code meaning?The Belt Tension Sensor (BTS) operates in conjunction with the Occupant Classification System (OCS). The Occupant Classification System (OCS) interprets a variable voltage signal provided by the Belt Tension Sensor (BTS) to identify the possible presence of a child safety seat in the front passenger seat. The voltage output of the Belt Tension Sensor (BTS) is proportional to the amount of tension applied to the sensor by the belt: no belt tension causes a low voltage (approximately 0.95 volt) to be output, and high belt tension causes a high voltage (approximately 3.8 volts) to be returned to the Occupant Classification System Module (OCSM).
|Need more information with the B0061 MERCURY code?Need more information on how to fix the B0061 MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B0061 MERCURY code?Get the B0061 Mercury code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.