B0052 CADILLAC - Deployment Commanded
B0052 CADILLAC Possible Causes
- Faulty Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
- Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) harness is open or shorted
- Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) circuit poor electrical connection
How is the B0052 CADILLAC code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B0052 CADILLAC code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0052 CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0052 CADILLAC MeaningThe Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) contains sensing devices that converts vehicle velocity changes to electrical signals. The SDM processes the generated electrical signals and compares them to values stored in memory. When the generated signals exceed the stored values, the SDM performs additional signal processing and compares the generated signals to signals stored in memory. When 2 of the generated signals exceed the stored values, the SDM will cause current to flow through the inflator modules, deploying the inflator modules, and causing DTC B0052 to set.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0052 CADILLAC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B0052 Cadillac code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.