B0051 CHEVROLET Code - Deployment Commanded
|B0051 CHEVROLET code possible causes
- Faulty Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
- Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) harness is open or shorted
- Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the B0051 CHEVROLET code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0051 CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0051 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0051 CHEVROLET code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B0051 CHEVROLET code meaning?The Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) contains sensing devices that converts vehicle velocity changes to electrical signals. The SDM processes the generated electrical signals and compares them to values stored in memory. When the generated signals exceed the stored values, the SDM performs additional signal processing and compares the generated signals to signals stored in memory. When 2 of the generated signals exceed the stored values, the SDM will cause current to flow through the inflator modules, deploying the inflator modules, and causing DTC B0051 to set.
|Need more information with the B0051 CHEVROLET code?Need more information on how to fix the B0051 CHEVROLET code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B0051 CHEVROLET code?Get the B0051 Chevrolet code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.