B0040 SATURN Code - Driver Side Deployment Loop Resistance Low
|B0040 SATURN code possible causes
- Faulty Driver's Side Air Bag Module
- Driver's Side Air Bag Module harness is open or shorted
- Driver's Side Air Bag Module circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the B0040 SATURN code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0040 SATURN code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0040 SATURN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0040 SATURN code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B0040 SATURN code meaning?When ignition switch is turned to RUN position, Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) performs tests to diagnose critical internal malfunctions. SDM then performs deployment loop voltage out of range test and deployment loop resistance measurement test. If voltage out of range test detects a short to voltage condition, resistance measurement test will not be performed.
|Need more information with the B0040 SATURN code?Need more information on how to fix the B0040 SATURN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B0040 SATURN code?Get the B0040 Saturn code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.