B0035 CHEVROLET Code - Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor Closed or Shorted to Ground
|B0035 CHEVROLET code possible causes
- Faulty Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor (ADS)
- Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
|How is the B0035 CHEVROLET code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0035 CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0035 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0035 CHEVROLET code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B0035 CHEVROLET code meaning?The inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) monitors the inflatable restraint front end sensor circuit for front impact detection. The SDM processes the signal provided by the front end sensor to further support deployment of the air bags. The front end sensor is an input only to the SDM and does not directly cause air bag deployment. When the ignition is turned ON, the SDM performs continuous diagnostic tests on the deployment loops to check for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage. If a malfunction is detected, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be stored.
|Need more information with the B0035 CHEVROLET code?Need more information on how to fix the B0035 CHEVROLET code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B0035 CHEVROLET code?Get the B0035 Chevrolet code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.