B0029 ACURA - Decreased Resistance In The Right Side Curtain Airbag
B0029 ACURA Possible Causes
- Faulty Right Side Curtain Airbag
- Right Side Curtain Airbag harness is open or shorted
- Right Side Curtain Airbag circuit poor electrical connection
How is the B0029 ACURA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
DTC B0029-11: Short To Ground In The Right Side Curtain Airbag Inflator
DTC B0029-12: Short To Power In The Right Side Curtain Airbag Inflator
DTC B0029-13: Open Or Increased Resistance In The Right Side Curtain Airbag Inflator
What is the cost to diagnose the B0029 ACURA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0029 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0029 ACURA MeaningThe driver's airbag is located in the center of the steering wheel. The front passenger's airbag is located in the dashboard on the front passenger's side. The airbag modules adopt dual inflators for the driver's and/or the front passenger's airbag according to the specifications. The dual inflators increase airbag effectiveness by properly adjusting the timing when the two inflators are ignited (together or sequentially) referring to the collision speed or collision impact.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0029 ACURA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B0029 Acura code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.