B0020 FORD Code - Left Side Airbag Deployment Control
|B0020 FORD code possible causes
- Faulty Left Seat Side Airbag
- Left Seat Side Airbag harness is open or shorted
- Left Seat Side Airbag circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the B0020 FORD code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0020 FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0020 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the B0020 FORD code detected?If the Restraints Control Module (RCM) detects a short between the driver seat side air bag circuits and the circuits of another SRS component, it sets this Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) and the DTC of the corresponding SRS component.
|What are B0020 FORD code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B0020 FORD code meaning?The Restraints Control Module (RCM) monitors all deployable device and sensor circuits for a signal cross coupled (short) between circuits. If the RCM detects a short between the circuits of one device and another device, it will store a DTC for each of the signal cross coupled faults in memory. The RCM sends a message to the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) to illuminate the air bag warning indicator. When a normal loop fault is present (one loop is either shorted to battery/ground, open circuit or low resistance), then signal cross coupled diagnostics will not be active. Once the normal loop fault is repaired, then the signal cross coupled diagnostics will resume.
|Need more information with the B0020 FORD code?Need more information on how to fix the B0020 FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B0020 FORD code?Get the B0020 Ford code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.