B001B GMC Code - Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment
|B001B GMC code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner
- Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
|How is the B001B GMC code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B001B GMC code tech notesDTC B001B 01 Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Battery
DTC B001B 02 Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Ground
DTC B001B 04 Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Open
DTC B001B 0D Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment Loop High Resistance
DTC B001B 0E Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Low Resistance
|What is the cost to diagnose the B001B GMC code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B001B GMC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B001B GMC code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B001B GMC code meaning?During a side or frontal crash of sufficient force, the Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy an air bag or pretensioner. There are 2 shorting bars which will short together control circuits, when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the air bag or pretensioner during servicing.
|Need more information with the B001B GMC code?Need more information on how to fix the B001B GMC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B001B GMC code?Get the B001b Gmc code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.