B001B CADILLAC - Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment
B001B CADILLAC Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner
- Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
First diagnose B001B CADILLAC code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
B001B CADILLAC Tech NotesDTC B001B 01 Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Battery
DTC B001B 02 Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Ground
DTC B001B 04 Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Open
DTC B001B 0D Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment Loop High Resistance
DTC B001B 0E Passenger Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Low Resistance
Cost of diagnosing the B001B CADILLAC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B001B CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B001B CADILLAC Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B001B CADILLAC MeaningDuring a side or frontal crash of sufficient force, the Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy an air bag or pretensioner. There are 2 shorting bars which will short together control circuits, when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the air bag or pretensioner during servicing.
B001B CADILLAC More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B001B CADILLAC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.