B001A CHEVROLET - Driver Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment
B001A CHEVROLET Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner
- Driver Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Driver Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
First diagnose B001A CHEVROLET code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
B001A CHEVROLET Tech NotesDTC B001A 01 Driver Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Battery
DTC B001A 02 Driver Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Ground
DTC B001A 04 Driver Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Open
DTC B001A 0D Driver Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment Loop High Resistance
DTC B001A 0E Driver Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner Deployment Loop Low Resistance
Cost of diagnosing the B001A CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B001A CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B001A CHEVROLET Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B001A CHEVROLET MeaningDuring a side or frontal crash of sufficient force, the Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy an air bag or pretensioner. There are 2 shorting bars which will short together control circuits, when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the air bag or pretensioner during servicing.
B001A CHEVROLET More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B001A CHEVROLET code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.