- Faulty Left Roof Rail Module
- Left Roof Rail Module harness is open or shorted
- Left Roof Rail Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
Tech notesDTC B0016 01 Left Roof Rail Deployment Loop Stage 1 Short to Battery
DTC B0016 02 Left Roof Rail Deployment Loop Stage 1 Short to Ground
DTC B0016 04 Left Roof Rail Deployment Loop Stage 1 Open Circuit
DTC B0016 0D Left Roof Rail Deployment Loop Stage 1 Resistance Above Threshold
DTC B0016 0E Left Roof Rail Deployment Loop Stage 1 Resistance Below Threshold
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0016 Cadillac DescriptionDuring a side or frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy an inflatable restraint module. There are 2 shorting bars used within the module connector which will short together both high and low circuits, when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the inflator module during servicing.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.