B0015 CHEVROLET Possible Causes
- Faulty Left Pretensione Module
- Left Pretensione Module harness is open or shorted
- Left Pretensione Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
First diagnose B0015 CHEVROLET code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
B0015 CHEVROLET Tech NotesDTC B0015 01 LF Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Battery
DTC B0015 02 LF Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Ground
DTC B0015 04 LF Pretensioner Deployment Loop Open Circuit
DTC B0015 0D LF Pretensioner Deployment Loop Resistance Above Threshold
DTC B0015 0E LF Pretensioner Deployment Loop Resistance Below Threshold
Cost of diagnosing the B0015 CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0015 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0015 CHEVROLET Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0015 CHEVROLET MeaningDuring a side or frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy an inflatable restraint module. There are 2 shorting bars used within the module connector which will short together both high and low circuits, when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the inflator module during servicing.
B0015 CHEVROLET More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0015 CHEVROLET code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.